Today was a very very good Back/shoulder/Bi workout at Gold's Gym with my boy Eli Widner. Here it is...
- wide grip pulldown superset standing lateral db raises - 4x10-12
- bent over overhand bb rows superset reverse pec dec - 4x8-15
- db standing both arms db row superset hammer strength one arm row - 3x10-12
- standing straight bar pulldown superset seated row - 3x12
- hammer strength pulldowns superset preacher curl machine 3x12
we both got ridiculous pumps...gotta love it! here is a picture from yesterday of my family. my mom,dad,megan (sister),dylan (nephew)
1. 9am 50g whey 1/2 grapefruit
2. 1:30pm turkey day meal I had one serving of everything including desert
3. 5:30 50g whey
4. 7:30 1 turkey oven baked Pattie 8 spears asparagus
5. 2am one serving of turkey day including desert
here is a picture from last night downtown Roanoke. Anthony,Fred,Holly,Josh
1. 7:15 - 1/2 cup w one scoop and one scoop whey
2. 9:20 1/2 cup oat w water
3. 11:15 50g whey shake 1 banana
4. 12:45 3oz chicken breast 5 Asparagus spears , 1 baked turkey Pattie
5. 2:45 2 baked turkey patties, 8 Asparagus spears
6. 6:30 Outback Steakhouse - Ahi Tuna (about 8 pieces i think) half rack lamb ribs,green beans,house salad (vinegar and pepper) i asked them to not cook anything with butter. 2 glasses of pinot and 1 shot of patron silver
7. after continuing the night downtown Roanoke with my friend Anthony we ended up going to Texas Tavern its the late night munchie spot and managed to have 4 hamburgers.
needless to say....great birthday overall best birthday i've ever had including my party in nashville on the 20th of November.
this was a picture after dinner last night. my grandfather,michael (brother in law),mom,dad,dylon (nephew),megan (sister)
If being obsessed with trying to get as big as you possibly can is your goal, then so be it. I’ve been in that boat. And let me tell you it is not a good boat to be in. I remember when I first started working out from the start I just wanted to get huge. At the time I didn’t know anything about nutrition so I would eat a bunch of junk calories (pizza and grilled burgers everyday). My weight jumped up to 255 lbs. and it wasn’t a lean 255 one bit at all. I didn’t care at the time about detail, shape, symmetry, or being athletic. The food I was putting into my body daily also took a toll on my health as well. I just didn’t feel healthy. So next up for me was I always wanted to compete but knew if I wanted to do bodybuilding I would have to do some serious drugs because for one I’m 6’3” so it takes a lot more muscle to fill my frame and two the sport is just infested with drugs. I made the decision to do the modeling show Universe Weekend. I had always dreamed about being on a cover so I figured this might be my ticket. The first time dieting down to do a show was a rude awaking. I didn’t know what the hell I was doing. I was eating WAY too many calories to try to lean down. Anyways I ended up weighing a smooth 218 lbs. I placed 25th out of 75 guys. I didn’t really care about my placing considering I looked pathetic in my opinion but still accomplished meeting Adam Silver of Silver Model Management. Shortly after the show he booked me on my first modeling job which was the cover of the Under Armour Catalog. They cropped half of my face off but eh…I still got paid. After that I went to NYC for a week to do my first NYC test shoots (a test shoot is basically to see if you’re photogenic and use the images for your portfolio) I hated NYC on my first visit coming from the small town of Roanoke, Virginia. It was very overwhelming thinking this is where I would have to live. I figured I still wanted to give it a shot though so I moved there for a couple months and managed to book a couple things but still wasn’t happy. Feeling like a failure, I went back to Roanoke with my tail between my legs to personal train again. After being back in Roanoke for a short time, I realized that I just needed to focus more. So I tried to give the fitness modeling a shot again and competed at the 2008 Universe Weekend show. This time around I knew a little more about nutrition and ended up placing 9th out of roughly 100 competitors. Shortly after brings me to what this article is truly about. Throughout my whole bodybuilding experience I was surrounded by steroids and was always contemplating using. I felt the need to take my body to a new level chemically. I was consumed with trying to gain muscle mass at whatever cost it would take on my own personal health and body. I had bigorexia. I would look at myself in the mirror and not think I was muscular and big enough. I decided to join the dark side of bodybuilding and in August 2008 I did my FIRST and ONLY steroid cycle. I wanted to put this story out there because I’ve always been accused of taking steroids and now I want to let everyone know that yes I did one cycle. Do I regret it? Not necessarily, but I’m so thankful and fortunate that I did not go down thatroad any further because that is putting an expiration date on your organs and overall health. I did one 8 week cycle and the first 4 weeks consisted of Primobolan and Winstrol and the last 4 weeks was Primobolan and Anavar. When I did decide to do this cycle I made sure to take all safety precautions and research as much as I could before I decided on taking this. I now know that you do NOT need steroids to achieve a physique that I now have at 204 lbs. I think they are dangerous and I totally preach against them. My past is the past and I cannot change that but what I can do and what everyone can do is look forward and make change today!
The first picture was taken directly at the end of my steroid cycle that I did. My goal was to get a cover from this shoot but that did not end up happening but I did get a full workout spread and interview in that issue. The second picture was my first modeling job. Under Armour Catelog shot in September 2007.
Had one of my best arm routines in a while. my new supplement cocktail is definitely kicking in nicely as my strength is going up.
Standing db curl superset vbar press down 4x12-15
Preacher curl machine superset skull crushers - 3x12-15
Standing bicep normal grip with a drop set each set to close grip superset with close grip bb bench 3x12
Freemotion cable curl superset dips 2 sets failure
Here is a picture taken after our workout me and my boy Eli Widner.
i was on the road for 9hrs yesterday coming to VA so that's why the schedule was off a bit. also i decided to take the day off from the gym and just get caught up on sleep which was the best idea because i felt great today and had a ridiculous arm workout with my one of my boys i grew up with Eli Widner.
- 6am 1/2 cup oats w/ one scoop whey, 1 scoop whey shake
- 8:45am 2 grilled turkey burger,1 cup sweet potato,1 cup broccoli
- 11:30am 3 skinless boneless chicken thighs,1 cup sweet potato
- 3pm 6oz chicken 1/2 grapefruit
- 9pm 2 baked turkey patties, 8 asparagus spears
- 5:15am 1/2 cup oatmeal w/one scoop whey,1 scoop whey shake
- 12:30pm 6oz grilled chicken breast, salad, (dressing 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar ,black pepper and spicy brown mustartd), 1 tbsp natural pnut butter
- 3:40pm 2 grilled turkey burgers,1 cup sweet potato,1/2 cup broccoli
- workout 4:45pm
- 6:15pm 50g whey 1/2 grapefruit
- 8:30pm 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs,2 cups broccoli
- 10:30pm 50g Whey shake
today i'll be cutting my carbs back more and then tomorrow is my b-day and i'll be enjoying my liquid day of just protein shakes all day except for one meal. i'll be going out for my b-day with friends and family. havn't decided on the restaurant just yet. but it will be something healthy originally i wanted to go to my favorite pizza spot in Vinton,VA since i had pizza over the weekend for my cheat i don't want pizza for a while. happy thanksgiving week everyone!
So after only getting about 4.5 hours of sleep last night and getting up at 5am for work and once getting off work wasn't able to take a nap just from my mind running 100 miles an hour. I still had a great shouluder workout. Weight training is definitely my daily therapy I need and crave! I love being busy all the time now because I've already wasted enough of my life sitting around and doing nothing. Here is the routine
- Standing One-arm Reverse Cable Ext superset Standing underhand BB front raise - 4x12 one warm up set 3 working sets
- Standing Lateral Raises superset upright rows 3x12
- Rope Standing front raises super set side raise to overhead raise - 3x12
- bb shrugs superset bar roll outs for abs
- oblique one arm cable crunches
- 10 minute jumprope
- 4 sets box jumps 25 reps each set
Today's workout was done at 4:45pm. After my workout I came home layed in bed and played some Black Ops (this game is incredible) then was able to pass out for a hour and I feel normal again. Well rested and packed up ready to leave Nashville in the morning to be with family and friends for Thanksgiving in VA!
To me there is NO other way to live! Accomplishing the best shape of your life and continuing to make progress is the main focus points of the lifestyle. The confidence alone that it gives you does wonders for all aspects of your life. With the obesity rate in America continuing to rise out of control I really love that the lifestyle I’m leading inspires people and gets them making change. The fitness lifestyle to me is not just about working out, it’s also being in overall great health and enjoying life the way its meant to be enjoyed. That means being active EVERYDAY. Typical results to expect by taking on this lifestyle 100 percent will include a better SEX drive, increased metabolism, physical appearance change and much more! Don’t put off what you can do today till tomorrow.
To Read more about what formulated this lifestyle that I lead please read my story of when I had bigorexia which led to steroid use and my story of when I tried to lose weight for fashion modeling and it ended with me having a eating disorder.
MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL YOUTUBE.COM/TYLERMCPEAK
For online support I offer a 6 week customized program to help you achieve and maximize your results. What you will learn with me in the 6 weeks you will be able to use for the rest of your life. You will learn how to live the fitness lifestyle!
Also I offer Skype or phone 45 minute consultations/coaching. I will answer any questions you have. Email me for details [email protected]