So far this has been yet another great trip to Roanoke. After visiting my Dads side of the family last night I met up with my good friends Josh and Justin for drinks. First thing I did to start my day today was went on a 4 mile run on the greenway that is in Vinton. I couldn't go my normal speed because it was fully covered with snow. Later on after exchanging gifts (my parents got me a new video camera so the quality of my you tube videos will be a lot better) I took my dogs Deniro and Diesel for a walk. Now I'm going to practice a little boxing in the basement and watch the Heat vs Lakers. GO HEAT!
Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!
Here is a couple of pictures I took this morning on my run.
I didn't keep track yesterday of the times i ate. but it was around my normal times as my body gets hungry around the same times everyday.
- 1/2 cup oats w/one scoop whey
- 1/2 cup oats w/ one scoop whey
- 54g whey shake
- 1 turkey burger
- 2 turkey burgers
- 1 flatbread pizza
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
here is a picture i took today while i took my dogs for a walk.
After enjoying myself last night with quite a few drinks with great friends there is no better way for me to detox and feel like myself again to get a good workout in. Today I did legs and I crushed them! It was great running into my friend Dale that I hadn't spoken with in a while we got to catch up. Here is the workout
- Hack Squats - 4x8-12
- Squats - 3x10-12
- Leg Press - 3x10-12
- Lying Leg curl superset One leg squats on smith machine - 3x12
- cable butt kickbacks superset stationary lunges - 2x15
- standing calve raise 3x12
- rope crunches 3x12
- heavy bag practice 10 minutes
- run on the track 15 minutes. sprint work
Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! Be Safe and have fun and stay Active!
This is another picture from Paul Reitz! More to come soon!
When I was 17 years old, it was a time in my life that I didn't focus on the things that I should have. Instead of doing school work and playing sports I chased a buzz. My priorities were obviously screwed up. I went through a period where I would take shots of straight vodka as soon as I got home from school at 3:30 in the afternoon before going to work at a car wash.
This was a daily habit that formed and led to what my story is all about. One random school night my friend Daniel and I went over to a friend’s house to get drunk and that's exactly what we did. Since it was a school night I had a curfew. Driving home I was doing fine up until the point of about 2 minutes away from dropping off Daniel. He lives on top of a mountain and I was going around a turn and misjudged it. I was going too fast and we ended up rolling.
I was knocked out and when I came to, my upper body was hanging out of the window that my shoulder had busted out. This is how I got the scar on my shoulder in the picture above. My parents showed up in disbelief. Then the police showed up. I ended up blowing a .17 and luckily somehow I did not get a DUI. I was only charged with wreckless driving. Emotionally I broke down at the scene and was so upset with myself and what I had just done. I could've easily killed Daniel or myself or both. So please next time you think about getting behind the wheel and driving intoxicated DON'T because you might not be a lucky as I was.
"For a fact, this business is more crooked
The boys'll sell they souls to the devil, the Lord lookin" - Style P
Today was a awesome workout! I worked out for 2 hours and 15 minutes. I had some built up aggression that I got out. my old training partner Ben worked out with me today and we killed it! It was like we picked up where we left off last time we worked out together.
- weighted chins - 3x6-12
- one arm hammer row - 3x12 with 2 dropsets on the last set for 15-20
- overhand bb row superset reverse grip pulldowns - 3x12
- deadlifts 3x12
- standing lateral db raise superset standing rope pulldowns - 3x12
- upright row superset machine lateral raise - 3x12
- one arm behind back cable lateral raise superset bent over db laterals 3x8-12
- one arm smith machine shrug triset with machine shrugs and preacher curls machine - 3x12
- concentration db curl superset with forearm rope 3x12
- heavy bag boxing 15 minutes
- step mill 15 min high intensity on level 14
1. 5:15am 1/2 cup oat w 1 scoop whey, one scoop whey shake
2. 8:30 6oz chicken breast 5oz sweet potato
3. 10:45am 35g whey shake
4. 11:30am 6pz chicken and veggie
5. 1:30pm 6 protein pancakes (recipe click here)
6. 4pm 5oz sweet potato
7. 4:30 workout
8. 6:40 54 g whey
9. 8pm 12 egg whites 6 asparagus spears 1 tbsp acv
So I was in the car for about 8 hours yesterday. I hate road trips. I had a pretty big meal before I left so it would keep me full for a while
1. 8:30am 1/2 cup oatmeal one scoop whey, one scoop whey shake, 1 banana
2.10:30am 2 chicken burritos (recipe click here) , 2 toasted flat breads with 2 tbsp natural peanut butter and sugar free syrup on top
3. 3pm 8oz chicken breast
4. 6pm 1 pack of original beef jerky
5. 7:30pm 1 pack of peppered beef jerky, pack 0f of skinless almonds, diet mt.dew
6.9:30pm (finally at my parents house in VA) 1 turkey burger on flat bread,4 slices of flat bread pizza,vanilla icecream w/ 1 tbsp natural peanut butter and chocolate syrup on top
Here is another Paul Reitz picture from our recent shoot in NYC!
So after lots of sleep the past couple day and nights I felt rejuvenated and got in there tonight hungry for a ridiculous workout. My training partner Ron took yesterday off as well and was ready himself! Here's the workout
- Flat DB Press - 4x8-12
- Hammer Press superset Decline BB press - 3x8-15
- Cable Crossovers superset Incline DB Fly - 3x12-15
- Standing Lateral Raises superset straight bar press downs - 3x12
- Oblique crunches on hyper ext bench superset lying leg raises - 2x12-20
- standing one arm oblique cable crunches superset rope crunches - 2x12
- RUN RECORD TIME 2 miles 12:40
- Box Heavy bag 2 minute intervals total of about 10 minutes
- Jump Rope,Shadow Box w/ 5lb dbs - back in forth for a total of 8 minutes
- 3 minutes stair climber on level 8.0
Here is a picture of meal number 3
1.5:15am 1/2 cup oatmeal 1 scoop whey
2.8:45 12.5pz can of chicken
3.12pm 8oz chicken steamed veggies,tbsp acv , 1tbsp olive
4.2pm plate of steamed veggies
5.54 g whey shake
6.5:45 54g whey , steamed veggie, 1tbsp acv
7.8:10 12 egg 1 tbsp ketchup , steamed veggie
I decided yesterday I needed a break off. I needed to catch up on rest. So I slept most of the day and played some COD online. Today I'm hitting some chest and a run along with some light boxing.
Here is another Paul Reitz shot that I just got back today!
Since it's that time of year when you will most likely be doing a lot of drinking make sure to make healthier choices. Try to stay away from sugary mixed drinks and reap the benefits of Red Wine. I prefer Pinot Noir. Another suggestion if you are not a wine drinker try either light beer, straight shots or shots mixed with diet sodas.
Not everyone chooses to drink alcohol, but those who do are probably smart to choose red wine. Every year, the research on the health benefits of red wine piles up. Wine has always been a staple in the human diet. In fact, scientists have documented red wine as far back as 5400 B.C.
Here are ten reasons to drink red wine (in moderation of course!)
New research shows that red wine, especially Cabernet Sauvignon, Chianti, and Merlot, contains melatonin. Melatonin regulates the body clock, so drinking a glass of red wine before bed may help you sleep. Melatonin is also an anti-oxidant, which means it also has anti-aging and cancer preventative properties.
A compound in red wine called resveratrol has been shown to increase lifespan in animal studies.
Resveratrol has been shown to protect against Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
Red wine has been shown to reduce the risk of heart and cardiovascular disease thanks to the resveratrol and other anti-oxidants it contains.
Researchers from the University of Santiago de Compostela in Spain found that each glass of red wine per day reduced the risk of lung cancer by 13%.
Four or more glasses of red wine per week has been shown to reduce men's overall risk of prostate cancer by 50% and the risk of the most aggressive forms of prostate cancer by 60%.
Moderate consumption of red wine is believed to lower the risk of breast cancer. However, drinking more than 1 or 2 alcoholic drinks per day appears to increase the risk of breast cancer in women, so moderation is key.
Researchers in Spain found that people who drank more than two glasses of red wine per day have 44% fewer colds than people who abstained.
Resveratrol has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, which helps overall physical health since many diseases and ailments can be attributed to inflammation.
Resveratrol has been found in studies to lower LDL cholesterol, while another ingredient in red wine, saponins, also have cholesterol lowering properties.
Yesterdays workout was pretty good but looking at the whole weekend it was very productive with work. I did some arms along with some light boxing at the end. I was pretty relaxed with my food this weekend. both Saturday and Sunday morning I woke up so ravenous I ate quite a bit of food. Saturday I made healthy french toast which I'll be posting the recipe soon along with protein pancakes. Yesterday I woke up at 4:30am and couldn't go back to sleep so I ended up making 2 Chicken Burritosalong with 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. So this weekend I really didn't follow my typical food log as I enjoyed some cookies and last night after finishing up some last minute Xmas shopping I started to fade out so I got 3 six inch subs from subway. I was totally exhausted by the time I got back to the house so I decided not to film my boxing workout because I want to have full energy when I film.
My workout was at 11:30am. Here it is.
- Incline DB Curls superset Rope standing cable Ext 3x12-15
- standing cable high curl super set close grip bench press - 3x12
- preacher curls superset one arm cable pressdown - 3x10-12
- seated concentration curls superset seated overhead one db ext - 3x12
- Cardio - i jumproped for 1 minute then i ran to the heavy bag. i didn't wear gloves so it was more just working on form barely tapping the bag for a minute. then run back to the jump rope for a minute then used 2lb db's and shadow boxed in the mirror to work on form. i did this continous for 15 minutes