- 8:30am - 54g whey, 1/2 cup oats
- 11:15am - 10oz chicken, 1 cup beets
- 1:20am - 8oz chicken, 1 cup white rice, 1/4 cup onion
- 4pm - 8oz chicken, 6oz white potato
- 4:45 WORKOUT
- 6pm - 54g whey, 1 banana
- 8:45pm - 10oz chicken, 1/4 cup onion
- 11pm - 12 eggwhites
4g EFA from Flax Seed Oil Capsules
My right knee is still sore so I'm not able to go through my full workouts as I usually would but I still manages to get a decent one in. I tried to do squats and the first rep I did a felt the minor pain so I didn't do those at all. This was after leg ext,leg curl, and leg press. The pain only comes now on a squat movement or lunge movement. Depending on how it feels into next week I might take a week off from leg training.
- Bike ride to gym 1.5 miles
- Leg Ext superset Standing One leg Curl - 4x12-15
- Leg Press - 5x12-15
- Stiff Leg Dead lifts superset hip adductors - 3x12-15
- Standing Calve raise - 3x12-15
- Stair Climber - 10 min HIIT
- Bike ride home 1.5 miles
- 8:15am - 54g whey, 1/2 cup oats
- 10:30am - 8oz chicken, 1 cup beets
- 12:45pm - 9oz ground turkey, 6oz white potato
- 2:45pm - 8oz chicken, 1/4 cup chopped onion, 1/2 cup artichokes, 1 bowl baby leaf spinach
- 4:10pm - 8oz chicken, 6oz white potato
- 4:40pm - WORKOUT
- 6pm - 54g whey, 1 banana
- 7:30pm - 10oz chicken
- 9:40pm - 12egg whites
For my EFA's I've been supplementing 1000mg of Flax seed oil gel caps 3 to 4 times a day.
Today was the first day I had used supersets for my whole back workout in a while. I could definitely tell I hadn't been doing them. It was very intense and it had me winded from the first two exercises. It was a great shock to my body today.
- Reverse Grip Pulldowns superset Seated Row machine - 4x12
- Overhand Barbell Rows superset Tbar Rows - 3x10-12
- Deadlifts superset wide grip pull downs - 3x10-15 (last set of deadlifts was 405lb and got it for 4 reps)
- Hammer curls superset reverse grip barbell curls - 3x10-12
- Standing one arm high cable curl - 3x20 superset rope crunches 3x20
- Elliptical 15 minutes
Don’t Skip The Produce Section!
As I've previously posted the health benefits of certain fruits and vegetables here are some more quick facts about ones that can help burn fat and keep your system flushed out. An easy way to start eating these veggies is to chop them up mix them in a salad or have a serving with your protein when your not having a complex carbohydrate. Most of these foods are natural diuretics as well so it will help keep your water levels low which means a harder more muscular look. Start incorporating these foods into your daily nutrition plan to spark up your metabolism even more!
Asparagus contains the chemical asparagine. This is an alkaloid that stimulates the
kidneys and improve the circulatory process. These alkaloids directly effect the cells and
break down fat. It also contains a chemical that helps to remove waste from the body by
breaking up the oxalic acid, this acid tends to glue fat to cells, so by breaking the acid
up, it helps to reduce fat levels.
Beets are a strong diuretic that focuses on the liver and kidneys. Beets flush out floating
body fats. They have a special iron the cleanses the corpuscles, corpuscles are blood
cells that can contain fat deposits.
This vegetable stimulates the glands, the pancreas especially, which releases hormones
the has a cleansing effect on the cells. There are also minerals the stimulate the
kidneys. Waste is released quicker and it helps to clean out the cells.
This cleanses your body of waste matter because it contains sulphur and iodine, which
helps to cleanse the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines. Cabbage is a
great food if you should have a pot belly or a middle age spread. The diuretic cabbage
will help to break up the fat in this area.
Carrots contains carotene, a form of Vitamin A, this carotene will start a fat flushing reaction in your system. This reaction will literally wash out fat and waste quickly. The carotene will be transformed into vitamin A in the intestines and this process will create a speed up in your metabolism and cause a reaction in your cells to remove fat deposits.
Raw celery has a high concentration of Calcium in a ready to use form, so when you eat
it, the calcium is sent directly to work. This pure form of calcium will ignite your
endocrine system. The hormones in your body will break up the accumulated fat build
up. Celery also has a high level of magnesium and iron which will clean out your
Cucumber contains a high sulphur and silcon content. These minerals work to stimulate
the kidneys to wash out uric acid, which is a waste product. With this uric acid being
washed out, it stimulates the removal of fat, and loosens the fat from the cells.
If you read about the fat burning foods section you would have seen Garlic on that list,
well, it is also a natural diuretic. Garlic has mustard oils and these oils create a
cleansing action in the body. They promote a vigorous action of peristalsis, which is
muscular contraction, and this will loosen fat and help wash out fats. They can also
breakdown clumps of fat. So eat garlic and thin down.
Onions, similar to garlic, have minerals and oils that will help to breakdown fat deposits
and speed up your metabolism. Have raw onions every day, it has more power than
garlic and with the milder smell, it will make an excellent addition to your diet.
The natural acids with the enzyme activated minerals prompt the kidneys to filter out
large quantities of fatty deposits and then you eliminate them from your system. So add
tomatoes to your daily diet and your metabolism will thank you for it.
Use this diuretic in small quantities. You can add it to your salad as a dressing. What
makes this such a powerful diuretic is this: It is made from apples and the malic acid in
apples will create a fat burning process. Another factor with this vinegar is the
fermentation process causes the vinegar to have constructive acids that join with
alkaline elements and minerals in the body. This produces a cell scrubbing effect.
- Incline Barbell Press - 3x10,8,6, then 2 drop sets 4 reps then 8 reps
- Flat Hammer Strength Press - 4x10,8,6,10
- Flat DB Fly - 3x12 one drop set on last set 12
- Cable Fly superset Incline Barbell Press (light and paused for 2 seconds at the bottom and really felt the stretch) 3x12 cable and 3x6-8 on press
- V-Bar Pressdown superset seated calve raise - 4x12-15
- Stair climber - HIT 15 minutes
News Update 3/28/2011
First off I want to thank everyone that has shown support and given me positive feedback on my youtube channel, bodyspace page, and facebook page. This past week I launched my store where you can purchase my first t-shirt. Keep it 100 means give 100 percent to EVERYTHING you do in life. Hard work pays off in more ways than one. I also put up a shout box which is on the right column and it allows you to post comments or ask any questions. So let me know what you like to see or see more of on here. May 21,2011 I will be competing in the Physique division at the NPC Junior Nationals. The physique division is brand new this year and I think it will be HUGE. It will bring a whole new audience to the fitness and bodybuilding industry and I'm excited to see what happens in May. The competition will take place in Charleston,SC. New videos will be up this weekend! Weekly updates to my youtube channel will start up again! If there is anything you'd like to see on my channel feel free to post it in my shout box or send me an email. I'm in the new Men's Workout magazine this month too. This is old material that I shot in 2008 that is being re-used. I didn't know that I was in it until I got a text from one of my clients yesterday telling me about it. Natural Muscle is going to be running my eating disorder story in an upcoming issue. I will post it up once I know more.
- 4:45pm - Leg Press - 3 warm up sets to 20 reps, 3 working sets to 15 reps along with 1 drop set for 10 reps on last set
- stiff leg dead lifts - 3x12
- leg ext triset squats and leg press calve ext - 4x12-15
- Reverse Stationary lunges - 3x12
- Floor work for abs 10 minutes