As I stated in a previous post I wanted to post a before and after picture of what the lean gains diet approach has done for me. I'm still experimenting with different amounts of food. My advice would be to do the same for yourself if your giving this diet approach a try. I suggest to maximize results carbohydrate cycling is still a absolute must. I never weighed anything out getting ready for this except measuring my oats and rice. I'm going to continue to get leaner as I'm still not happy where I'm at but using the Lean Gains diet approach has definitely been the best discovery for myself.
The days leading up to Friday June 10th and over the weekend I had a lot of time to reflect on the past couple of years and the progression of my life. This time two years ago I was moving up to NYC with one goal in mind, to get signed with a top 10 agency and I figured all of my problems would be solved. Little did I know at the time that was just the beginning of my ultimate downfall and throughout that year would be the lowest point of my life. Fast forward to around this time last year and I was just getting out of my funk and was planning on going back to school because I figured that was the best solution for my perplexed way of thinking at the time.
A year later I never would have thought that through my trials and tribulations that I would be able to be an inspiration to so many people from all over the world. Within a short amount of time I got back to my passion which is the fitness lifestyle and started personal training people again and started this blog in November 2010. So all of this being said, being a part of Bodybuilding.com's Fit Body Competition was a great experience for me as well as a reminder that I'm moving in the right direction.
It was great meeting everyone and seeing friends within the fitness industry. Congratulations to Scott Dorn for winning. This was the first time I'd met him and he's an awesome person and was in insane shape. After the competition Suzanne and I found a pizza place and managed to spend 90$ on two pizzas and three deserts. I had a couple of beers myself and we went back to the room full and sleepy. The next day we went to Gold's Gym and I hit some chest and biceps. I got one of the best pumps I had gotten in a while from the extra food. So up next for me is June 24th weekend photographer Paul Reitz is coming down to Nashville to shoot me for a couple of days. I'm very excited and looking forward to getting back in front of the camera.
- Rope Pressdowns - 4x12-15
- Seated cambered bar overhead ext - 4x12 one drop set on last set
- close grip bench press - 3x12
- v-bar pressdowns - 3x12
- incline db curls - 4x10-12
- one arm db preacher curls - 3x12
- hammer db curls superset concentration curls - 3x12
- 30 min jog on 6.5
- Leg ext - 2 warm up sets 4 working sets 12 reps each
- squats - 2 warm up sets 3 working sets 2 drop sets on the last set 5-12 reps
- lying leg curl - 3x12
- leg press - 4x12 1 drop set on last set
- seated calve raise superset hanging leg raises - 3x15-20
- decline bench sit ups superset standing calve raise - 3x20-30
With exactly 1 week to go till I compete at Bodybuilding.com's Fit Body contest I'm feeling great. My strength is still awesome. The other day was the first time I had done dead lifts in a while and I did 315 for 3 sets of 12. My hamstrings and lower back are just now feeling normal today. After trashing legs they will probably be right back to being sore tomorrow. I'm very excited as I've never accomplished the condition I'm in right now. I'm weighing 203.5 in the am and will most likely continue to drop throughout this upcoming week. I will post some pictures next week of my condition along with my starting pictures of when I first started lean gains so you will be able to see how great of a diet approach this truly is.
- Seated DB overhead Press - 2 warm ups 3x8-12 one drop set on last set
- upright rows - 3x12
- standing db lateral raises - 3x12
- one arm cable lateral raises superset barbell front raise - 3x12
- hanging leg raises superset rope crunches 3x15
- run on 6.5 30 minutes
Here is a picture that one of my facebook friends drew.
- wide grip pulldowns - 4x12
- standing db rows - 3x12
- deadlifts - 2 warm ups 3x12 (315lb)
- barbell rows - 3x12
- tri set - reverse grip pulldown,dips,reverse cambered bar curls
- 1 mile sprint - 5 min 50 seconds, walk 1 minute, jog 2 min sprint 1 min