Christmas Trip to Roanoke
My trip back home to Roanoke has been anything but relaxing. I've still been grinding out my workouts trying to take myself to that next level. It has been awesome though to train with my old training partners MM Pro Matt Liller and Ben Bowles and Brook Arrit. This past Friday Matt and I trashed back and the next day my back was more sore than it has been in a while. Very intense workout. Saturday I just had to do my cardio and Sunday was a full day off. Since I've been eating clean for while some food didn't agree with me and I ended up having some stomach issues all day on Christmas.
I felt horrible because all of my family was over but I really couldn't be around for too long because I felt sick. I got to eat a little bit at the end of the night once I was feeling a little normal again but by Monday I was so dehydrated from being sick that I drank 3 gallons of water. Even though Sunday was not a funday Ben, Brook and I had an awesome Chest workout yesterday. Once I got my fluid levels back to normal and was back to my normal meal plan we toar it up! Last night my parents and I watched the movie the Warrior and it was really good..check it out if you have a chance. Today is quads and I just finished watching Phil Heath's quad workout from his latest DVD Becoming Number 13 to get me amped up for this workout. Afterwards I'll be heading back to Nashville and I'm ready to get back into the swing of things with my normal schedule.
As I stated in a previous post that my parents got me a new HD video camera and after researching and watching several test videos on youtube I decided to go with a Canon M41. Best Buy was having a 1 day after Christmas sale on it and it was too good to pass up. Unfortunately it's on back order and will not be receiving it until mid January. Once I get it in though I'm going to start knocking out some videos.
Now that Christmas is over and some of you might have health and fitness related new years resolutions a couple of things to keep in mind:
- Make sure you study proper form and technique and perfect it. (there is so much information available on the internet for free do your research)
- Remember lifting with your ego leads to injury. (if you get injured this will slow your progress)
- There are several different workout styles to choose from RESEARCH what best fits YOUR goals
- Don't try to rush results. Be willing to put the work in and realize that there is no magic supplements that will do the work for you.
- Give your program time to work before trying something different. Give it a minimum of 6 weeks before changing directions.
- Most importantly DON'T GIVE UP!
No trackbacks yet.