INTENSE! The one word that best describes today's back workout. My old training partner which is now a Musclemania Pro Bodybuilder Matt Liller toar it up with me today. I'll be putting the video online by the end of the week. I got a little footage of today's workout and tomorrow were hitting some legs and I'll be getting footage of that as well. To read more about Matt click here Matt earned his pro card at this past Universe Weekend, which is the same show that got my foot in the modeling door when I competed in the modeling division in 2007.
- Pull-Ups - 3xfailure
- Overhand BB Rows - 3x12 one dropset on last set
- Narrow Grip Pulldowns - 3x10-12 2 drop sets on the last set
- Low grip Hammer Row - 3x12 2 drop sets on the last set
- Dead Lifts superset Standing Rope Pulldowns - 4x12-15 worked up to 315lb on deadlifts for 15 reps on the last set
After our we finished up with back we shot around and dunked the basketball. check out Matt's video of him dunking here I'll have a video soon of a little basketball workout along with me showing my ups
Matt and I will both be at this years Arnold Classic weekend and Universe Weekend.
First off I want to say that this has been the best Christmas of my life. Everything just feels right. I had a great time last night catching up with a lot of old friends and meeting new ones. Thank you Roanoke for all of the support! So 2am rolled around and I lucked out and got one of the few cabs that were left to take me home (I was planning on just walking home from downtown if I had to) because the roads were pretty covered in snow. We made it very close to my house but the road had gotten too bad so I had to troop it out in the snow for about 15 minutes to get home. This morning upon waking the driveway was covered so first thing I did today was shovel all of the snow off which took about an hour. Next I met up with Eric. A good childhood friend we played basketball and baseball together. Here's the workout
- close grip preacher curls superset one arm over head db ext standing - 4x8-12
- one arm hammer preacher machine curls superset dips - 3x10-12 on curls and went to failure on dips. first set 30,second set 25 and last set 15
- standing db curls superset rope pressdowns 3x10-12
- seated cable behind neck curls superset one arm cable pressdown 3x15-20
- standing concentration curls superset close grip pushups to failure - curls 3x12
- handing weighted leg raises - 3x15
- rope crunches 3x12
- ball twists on the sit up bench 3xfailure
- basketball drills for 30 minutes
- boxing hand work 5 minutes
This was the first time I had picked up the basketball in a LONG TIME. It felt very strange because it was just like riding a bike. Everything clicked as soon as I started doing the drills and I'm still able to dunk it with authority I'm going to get some footage on camera tomorrow. I'm going to be adding basketball into my weekly routine a couple times a week.