If I am on a cut should I still have a bigger than normal meal before and after I work out or still restrict my calories? Thanks
17 February 2012
Tyler - Every meal should still be in balance. That being said in the past when I was trying to get my leanest I would just eat carbs before and after my workouts and all of my other meals were protein and veggies and some fats.
thanks a lot for all you produced on your website, so amazing.
16 February 2012
Tyler - Your welcome! I'm happy you like it!
Hey love the website, thought I would give you some constructive criticism. Your medial and long head of your tricep is lacking as well as your rear delts. Every thing else looks amazing, keep it at bro.
15 February 2012
Tyler - Thanks! I'm a work in progress always...thanks for the support!
hey tyler..i was looking at your youtube page, and was watching the at home ab workout video. i think u posted it around November 2010. Around how much did you weigh around then? you look more lean then, as you have put more mass in your present pictures. thanks.
14 February 2012
Tyler - Yeah I was definitely a lot smaller then. My body fat was a little bit lower than it is now but I weighed 195-200lb so I've gained around 20lbs since then.
Hey Tyler, I was wondering if you just blend the oats into a protein shake or do something different...also im trying to get cut as well as put on mass, should I keep using Myofusion once a day right after my workout? Or do the why that comes in the 6 pound bag from costco in the morning and then the myofusion like normal?
14 February 2012
Tyler - Whenever I have oats and protein powder together I'll just mix them in a bowl together with water and microwave it. Tastes really good that way or I'll blend it together and make pancakes out of it and use sugar free syrup. I would stick with the gaspari for your protein it's going to be better quality then the big bags from costco.
Tyler, After about an hour of weights I sometimes do 15 minutes of incline treadmil, but am afraid to more I get real paranoid that doing cardio is just eating away at my mucles if I do any longer after wieights, how long do you do cardio for after weights and how many times per week?
13 February 2012
Tyler - I've been the same way in the past about being paranoid that the cardio will burn off the muscle. As long as your eating enough quality food throughout the day you will not have to worry about that. Whenever I do cardio directly after weights its for 35 minutes on the stepmill. I'll usually do that 2-4 times a week depending on how my body feels.
Wednesday night I didn't sleep worth a shit so on Thursday once I was done with my morning clients at noon I came home and crashed for an hour or so. I normally hit the gym every day around 1:30 but I needed the rest if I was going to get a good session in. I ended up going at 4:30 and didn't want to make the 20 minute drive to the NAC since it would've been around rush hour which I prob would've sat in traffic so I just went to Gym5 (where I personal train clients) that's 5 minutes from the house. This workout I focused on the side delt. If your looking to improve the roundness,width and cap your shoulders off this workout is for you.
- Smith Machine Press - 2 warm up sets, 3x8-10 one drop set on last set for 5 reps
- seated db lateral raise - 3x10-12
- standing db lateral raise - 3x10-12
- reverse pec dec - 3x10-12
- standing behind the back one arm lateral raise - 3x10-12 (slow and controlled reps till 10 then 2 reps holding at the top for a 2 sec pause and control the negative slow after the 2 reps did 3-5 partials bottom half of the movement.)
- DB Shrugs - 4x12
Next video will be up on Monday the 13th and it'll be my Chest workout. I speak with Hany today to see what program changes need to be made.
- Flat Barbell Press - 5x15,12,10,8,2
- Incline DB Press - 4x12,10,8,5
- DB Pullovers superset Cable Flys - 3x12
- Standing DB Lateral Raise superset upright row - 3x12-15
- Standing One arm Cable Side raise superset DB Shrugs - 3x12
- One Arm Cable Kickouts superset hands close pushups to failure
Here is a picture I took yesterday. I'm currently weighing 208lb in the AM on an empty stomach.
- Incline Barbell Press - 4x12-2
- Flat Hammer Strength Press - 4x12,8,15,6
- Incline DB Fly - 4x12
- Flat Barbell Press - 3x8-12
PM - Shoulders/Tri's/ABS
- Barbell Military Press - 4x8-15
- Behind the back one arm cable lateral - 3x12
- Standing DB Lateral Raise - 4x12
- Upright Row - 3x10-12
- Barbell Shrugs - 3x12
- Dips - 3xfailure bodyweight 20,15,12
- Skull crushers - 3x12
- One arm reverse grip cable pressdown - 3x12
- Bench crunches - 3x30
- Lying leg raises - 3x15
Today I started a new 2 a day weight training split. I've been wanting to try a split like this for a while. Everything is trained twice a week. My first workout was around 10:45am and my second workout was at 4:30pm.
- Slight incline Smith Machine Press - 5 total sets (12,8,15,6,12)
- Incline DB Press - 4 total sets (12,8,15,8)
- Flat DB Fly - 4x12
- Seated Calve Raise - 4x12
- Seated DB Lateral Raises 5 total sets (15,10,8,20,12)
- Smith Machine Overhead Press 4 total sets (12,8,15,8,15)
- Behind the back cable lateral raise - 3x10-12
- DB Front Raise - 3x12
- Behind the back smith machine shrugs - 3x12
- Seated Overhead Cambered bar EXT - 4x10-12
- V-Bar Pushdowns - 3x12 superset Rope crunches 3x12
- One Arm Overhead DB Ext superset sit ups on decline bench 3x12 and failure on situps
- Seated DB Overhead Press - 4x8-15 2 drop sets on last set 20-30 reps on drops
- Hammer grip DB Front Raise - 3x12 2 dropsets on last set
- Standing DB Lateral Raise - 3x12 2 dropsets on last set
- Upright Row - 3x12
- Standing Overhead BB Press superset Reverse Pec Dec - 3x10-12
- Barbell Shrugs superset seated Calve raise - 3x12
- Elliptical 20 Minute HIT
- Rode Bike to and from gym total 3 miles
- Seated DB Overhead Press - 3x5-12 3 dropsets 12 reps on each drop
- Standing one arm db lateral raise - 3x10-12
- Plate front raises - 3x12
- chest on incline bench reverse lateral db raises - 4x12 2 drop sets on last set
- hexagon bar shrugs - 4x12
- treadmill run - 3 miles in 23 minutes 2 minute cool down
- biked to and from gym total 3 miles
- Smith Machine press - 2 warm up sets 3 working sets one drop set on the last. 8-12 reps
- standing lateral raises - 3x8-12 one drop on the last set
- plate front raises - 3x12
- rear lateral db raises chest on incline bench - 3x12
- fst-7 machine lateral raises - 7x12
- Barbell shrugs superset seated calve raise - 3x12
- db shrugs superset seated calve raise - 2x12
- cambered bar knees on bench ab roll outs superset rope crunches 3x10-12
- elliptical 25 minutes
- bike riding total to and from the gym 6 miles
I got this shoulder workout from Jay Cutler's Undisputed video. It was very hard but I loved it. I'm also loving training heavy again. After my workout I had my last client of the day and it was time for us to do an assessment. There is no other better feeling I get from my job when I see my clients reactions as soon as they see the number of inches dropping It's very satisfying to me to see my clients change not only physically but mentally as well. This makes me feel so good! Tomorrow is ARM DAY!
- Standing one arm cable side lateral - 3x20,15,10 no breaks
- DB overhead press - done on a slight incline 3x12
- BB front raise - 3x12
- upright row - 4x10-15 2 drop sets on the last set
- standing db lateral raise - 3x10-12 each set i would do a rest-pause set the weights down for a few seconds then rep out till failure
- BB close grip shrugs superset seated one arm db lateral raises (seated sideways on the bench) 4x10-12
- Behind the neck weighted ab crunches on sit up bench drop the weight on each set till failure 4x10 with weight then failure with no weight
- RUN - 20 minutes total I did intervals from level 6.0 up to 11.5 was the fastest I went.
Here is another shot by Paul Reitz. He will be coming down to Nashville this summer to shoot me in my environment which I'm pretty excited about.